So here is the third casting after I forgot to take a picture of it and I cut it apart for test tiles (and so I could see the layers on the inside, to see if there was any hidden pockets of air. Which there wasn’t) the print of the wood came out really nicely, but you can see the big air bubble in the lower right quadrant.
Here are some close-ups of the wood grain print.
I’m pretty happy with how the grain came out. I used a stiff wire brush to rough up the surface of the wood so that the varying textures would show through more. The wood itself is pretty soft which helped with bringing out the grain.